I. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data about you in the ways listed below. We may also combine the collected Personal Data with other Personal Data in our possession.You provide your Personal Data to us. We collect your Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, you may provide your Personal Data to us when you:
• fill up a user profile or registration forms.
• provide information to assess your eligibility to offer your loyalty program.
• interact with our social media pages.
• participate in contests or events organised by us.
• use biometric features to identify yourself; and
• fill up demographic information in surveys.
When our Services are used
Personal Data may be collected through the normal operation of our Services. Some examples are:
• your location.
• feedback, ratings, and compliments.
• transaction information (such as payment method).
• information about how you interacted with our Services (such as features used, and content viewed);
• device information (such as hardware model and serial number, IP address, file names and versions and advertising identifiers, or any information that may provide indication of device or app modification); and
• personal data you enter in messages when you use our in-app communication features.
• Any other data that we collect when you use the application
From other sources
When we collect Personal Data from other sources, we make sure that that data is transferred to us in accordance with applicable laws. Such sources include:
• referral programmes.
• our business partners, such as payment providers, Merchants, POS Partners,
• Your friends and family
• insurance and financial providers.
• publicly available data.
• governmental sources of data.
• when our users add you as an emergency contact; and
• marketing services providers or partners.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the information that we collect is sensitive in nature. This includes information such as race, and your health or religious beliefs. We only collect this information when this is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Personal Data of minors
In the event that any Personal Data of a minor (i.e. individuals under the age of 18) is disclosed to Morr, you hereby signify your consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data as a parent or legal guardian of the minor (or your agreement to procure the necessary consent from the minor’s parent or legal guardian) and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In the event that you are a minor and intend to provide your personal data to Morr, you hereby confirm and acknowledge that you have obtained your parent or legal guardian’s agreement to be bound by this Policy.
In some situations, you may provide Personal Data of other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) to us. For example, you may add them as your emergency contact. If you provide us with their Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be collected, used, processed and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
II. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Morr may use, combine, and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”).
Providing services and features
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our Services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
• provide you with Offers across our various business verticals.
• engage you to provide Services.
• create, administer, and update your account.
• verify your identity.
• offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance or financing solutions.
• enable features that personalise your App, such as lists of your favourite places and previous destinations.
• perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends.
• protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available.
• process and manage your rewards.
• enable communications between our users.
• process, manage or verify your application of promotions, rewards, and subscriptions with Morr; and
• enable our Merchants to manage and allocate resources.
Safety and security
We use your Personal Data to ensure the safety and security of our Services and all users. This includes:
• verifying your identity when you log in to Morr.
• using device, location, profile, usage and other Personal Data to prevent, detect and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
• monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions, policies; and
• detecting, preventing, and prosecuting crime.
We use Personal Data to resolve customer support issues. For example, we may:
• investigate and address concerns.
• monitor and improve our customer support responses.
• respond to questions, comments, and feedback; and
• inform you about steps taken to resolve customer support issues.
Research and development and security
We may use the Personal Data we collect for testing, research, analysis, and product development. This allows us to understand and analyse your needs and preferences, protect your Personal Data, improve, and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features, products and services, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions.
We may use the Personal Data we collect to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as allowed or required by applicable law.We may also use your Personal Data when we are required, advised, recommended, expected, or requested to do so by our legal advisors or any local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental or other authority.
For example, we may use your Personal Data to:
• comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements.
• enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements; and
• protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
We may also use your Personal Data in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or acquisition of all or part of our business by another company.
Marketing and promotions
We may use your Personal Data to market Morr and Morr’s partners’ sponsors’ and advertisers’ products, services, events, or promotions. For example, we may:
• send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings; and
• notify, invite, and manage your participation in our events or activities.
We may communicate such marketing to you by post, telephone call, short messaging service, in-car engagement, in-app engagement, online messaging service as well as push notification, by hand and by email.
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing and promotions, you may click on the unsubscribe link in the relevant email or message. Alternatively, you may also update your preferences in our App settings.
The provision of your Personal Data to us is on a voluntary basis. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data or if insufficient Personal Data is supplied to us when requested, this may affect our ability to fulfil the purposes mentioned above and your ability to enjoy the full range of benefits provided by us under the Services.
III. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We need to share Personal Data with various parties for the Purposes. These parties include:
With Morr partners at your request
For example, if you used a Service through a Morr partner or used a promotion provided by a Morr partner, Morr may share your Personal Data with that Morr partners. Our partners include partners that integrate with our App or our App integrates with, or business partners which Morr collaborate with to deliver a promotion, competition or other specialised service.
With subsidiaries and affiliates
We share Personal Data with our subsidiaries, associated companies, jointly controlled entities and affiliates.With Morr’s service providers and business partnersWe may provide Personal Data to our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This includes:
• payment processors and facilitators.
• background check and anti-money laundering service providers.
• cloud storage providers.
• marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
• data analytics providers.
• research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Morr or on Morr’s behalf.
• insurance and financing partners; and
With our legal advisors and governmental authorities
We may share your Personal Data with our legal advisors, law enforcement officials, government authorities and other relevant third parties. This may take place due to fulfil the legal purposes (mentioned above), or any of the following circumstances:
• where it is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health, or safety of a person; or
• where it is in the public interest (e.g. in a public health crisis, for contact tracing purposes and safeguarding our community).
IV. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
V. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be transferred from country, state, and city in which you are present while using our Services (“Home Country”) to another country, state and city (“Alternate Country”). You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data from your Home Country to the Alternate Country.
VI. COOKIES AND ADVERTISING ON THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable Personal Data with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising on third party platforms.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also limit our sharing of some of this Personal Data through your App (Settings > Privacy > Ads) and mobile device settings.
VII. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable legal, organisational, and technical measures to ensure that your personal data is protected. This includes measures to prevent data from getting lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to our employees on a need to know basis. Those processing your personal data will only do so in an authorised manner and are required to treat your information with confidentiality.Nevertheless, please understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore, any transmission remains at your own risk.
VIII. AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES
Morr shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By continuing to use the Services, purchase products from Morr or continuing to communicate or engage with Morr following the modifications, updates, or amendments to this Policy, you signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
If you have any queries or complaints relating to your Personal Data, wish to make a request for access or correction of your Personal Data, or would like to withdraw your consent in respect of the Personal Data being processed by us, please contact:
Morr Data Protection Officer
c/o Morr Technologies Sdn. Bhd.
Menara Uoa Bangsar, Unit A-12A-3 Level 12A,
5, Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, 59000 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Contact No.: +60 10 242 6315
The original of this Privacy Statement is written in the English language. In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.